The Tristar Houston Collectors Show has come and gone. There were many vendors, and a few who couldn’t make it there due to winter weather conditions. There was a huge mix of vintage and modern cards, and there was a slate of non-sports, comic books and coins.
Collectors Dashboard was there and we managed to take some photos. The video clips are a separate issue but we have included some of the photos. We have noted that these were the greatest vintage cards, but the reality is that many other cards could have been included. KABOOM! is also shown here, but the other modern card offerings were not.
These photos below were just a portion of cards that were up for sale. Feel free to reach out (send to editor at collectorsdashboard dot com via email) if you are looking for any of these cards. These are just a fraction of what was out there:
- 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth, both graded and about to be graded.
- There were several examples of the 1951 Bowman Willie Mays and the 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle.
- Wayne Gretzky’s 1979 Topps and O-Pee-Chee was there.
- Bricks of T205 and T206 cards were up for grabs for any set builders.
- The T206 Ty Cobb had a very impressive showing.
- A stunning example of a PSA graded 1914 Cracker Jack was up for grabs.
- A Lou Gehrig Memorial ticket was there, as was a dual signed Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth baseball.
- Jackie Robinson had many cards from the 1950s and some of the prized 1948 Leaf Jackie Robinson cards.
- There was a rookie Mike Tyson sticker.
- Non-sports cards also had a good representation from Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh
KABOOM! KABOOM!! AND KABOOM!!!!!!!!!